Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safe in North India

Since I last wrote there's been lots of excitement, not the least being the bomb blast in Delhi 3 hours ago (where we landed this morning). The news at this point is saying 25 dead and 90 njured... I've been trying to phone home since I heard the news, finally just got a message through to Deane and Wes and talked to mom as well. Anyways our group of 9 is together and doing well.
I'm really looking forward to arriving in Kelowna in 2 and 1/2 days... It's been absolutlely wonderful but it's been a month and a long time since I've been home.
We're currently in Agra, the city of the Taj Mahal; tomorrow we wake up at dawn to see and hear the sounds of the Taj before the morning commotion. The seminar wound up for me with a last two days spent in the obstetrics and NICU units then out in a very rural primary health centre (two great days). Then we headed to yet another beach resort and enjoyed not only the beach, etc but two evenings of student presentations. They really grew a lot, and learned a lot about not only medicine but India and her people too. Probably my last post, see you soon! Love Barb

No comments: