Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend oasis

I typed up an update this morning and it didn't save, there's a super slow computer in the girls' residence that I'm not too fond of right now!! Anyways, I wanted to tell you about my weekend, we went to a French community called Pondicherry, supposed to be a 4 hour drive but it became 7 due to a road block. Anyways once we got there, it was all forgotten- this place was a 4+ star resort, and my goodness it was beautiful and classy. I got tons of pictures of the flowering trees, they were magnificent (as was the food). A huge pool, a beach just like Veradero Cuba, warm lovely showers, bathrooms with both TP and towels (mom and dad will appreciate that, having lived here). We could play pingpong (and did, of course!!), tennis, tons of stuff. The highlight was that one of the other teachers treated me to a full body Aruvedic massage- oil from head to toe, very invigorating (Bec NOTHING like the one we had in Calgary!). Then yesterday another treat, an outdoor yoga class with a world-class master teacher. Inspired me to do this when I get home, just like you, Laura. I love my family, my country and so much else about my life but I must say I'm falling in love with this country and her culture and people way more so than in the 70's. I hope I can share this country with all of my wonderful family one day... Today's the day I'm focusing on breastfeeding teaching and practices--they stopped bottle feeding here at CMC in 1995 so it is really cool to be in a baby-friendly hospital. Then later today I meet up with one of Carrie Vossler's local counterparts. One more clinical day here tomorrow at the Rural Health Centre, then three more adventures before I head home--Mahaballipuram (beach), Chennai again, and lastly Agra and the Taj Mahal. Love to everyone back home, see you soon!! XO Barb

No comments: